Wednesday 28 August 2013

Assignment 1


This is my draft for Assignment 1. I had some initial ideas about the submission but I decided to not do it because we are not able to freely change the dimension aspects. So i brainstormed awhile to come out with this concept. The decision to use minion was simple, because it is popular and cute. Thus I am appealing to you all with cuteness this time. Storyline isn't impressive at all, it is a simple love triangle with one getting the girl and one not getting the girl. To actually beef up the story, I wanted to let one of the guy minion present MONEY instead of his LOVE and have the female choose it... but I guess that is a bit critical so I decided not to do so. 
The reason I used black background for the last panel was to show the feeling of dejection... Not sure if that is the right choice. 

Technical details...
I used 3 minions for this project. Their hair and costumes are all pieces of my old clothes. I went ahead and cut them into pieces and tried to make my minions distinguishable. Initially when I took the photo, I made a desperate attempt to create a romantic background which i failed because I have not enough material. 






As you can see... it looks horrible. So I did a little bit of photoshopping, removed the background, increase its brightness and saturation and added a few digital pin ons to make my comic feel livelier. (Since these minions have no facial expression)

SUPER LENGTHY POST! PAISEH!

No comments:

Post a Comment